Landscape Supply Retail Store Manager
Seeking a qualified RETAIL STORE MANAGER to help take our business to the next level!
Did you know that 1 Stop Landscape Supply & Yard Waste Recycling Facility had a retail store at our old location? It was very successful, and we're ready to open the store at our new location. We are seeking a talented retail store manager with expert knowledge of landscaping practices and products.
PLEASE NOTE: In the beginning, this position will require working with other members of the leadership team to set up the store’s infrastructure: inventory, stocking, retail displays, staffing, and more.
The retail manager will coordinate activities between the front yard, scale house, and delivery drivers to fulfill orders, complete job tasks, verify inventory, confirm material being delivered, and work with management to coordinate special projects. The retail store manager will also provide exceptional customer service in-person and over the phone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spearhead projects related to the completion of our retail store’s set up
- Foster a great place to work for our employees and associates
- Deliver superior service and value to our customers
- Help us remain the distributor of choice for our suppliers and vendors
- Set up and maintain an inventory system for our bulk, bagged, and retail products
- Work closely with other supervisors and managers to ensure smooth operation between the departments
- Assist customers in-person and over the phone, including setting up deliveries
- Assist the scale house, when needed
- Operation of the scale SMS system (we will train you on software)
- Weighing vehicles and accepting payment for incoming material
- Provide expert knowledge to our customers about landscaping in Florida, our products, and our services
- Other duties as needed
- Assist in training, development, and supervision of retail staff to meet company standards
- Ensure excellent service is provided to customers
- Handle escalated customer issues as needed
- Provide direction to team regarding duties and goals
- Perform work assigned by management to ensure successful operation of the retail store
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field (preferred)
- Expert knowledge of landscaping materials, landscaping practices, and related experience or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Ability to effectively exchange information with supervisors, coworkers, and other members of the organization
- Basic math and the ability to accurately count products and items
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out repetitive tasks quickly and methodically.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment
The employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time and will constantly use hands and fingers. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and walk. Employee will occasionally stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl and may be required to repeatedly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, sometimes at shoulder height or higher.
Duties are performed in an inside and outside setting year round in all weather conditions.