Lead Tree Trimmer
Landscape Maintenance Professionals, Inc. (DBA LMP, Inc.) is a 26 year old, privately held landscape maintenance services company with branch offices strategically located across the state of Florida. Known for its attention to the details, exceptional quality of standards, and culture of collaboration, development and respect, the company is seeking a qualified individual to join its team as a Lead Tree Trimmer. In this role the candidate will be responsible for contributing to the successful operations of the branch through providing exceptional arbor care to trees located at client sites.
· Ability to recognize and report to the appropriate personnel visual evidence of diseases, pests and/or conditions that may pose a health hazard to trees located at client sites.
· Ability to properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
· Ability to climb, prune, plant, stump, and remove trees located on client sites while practicing required safety standards.
· Ability to supervise others in the safe arboricultural care of trees, including climbing, rigging, trimming, crown reduction, crown restoration, planting, and removal of trees and stumps.
· Initiative in independently planning, organizing, and performing work assignments within broadly defined parameters.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Effectively communicate with branch personnel and management the status of client arbor care needs.
· Responsible for proper storage and maintenance of all supplies, tools, equipment, and vehicles utilized to perform arbor care services.
· Responsible for the training and development of all arbor personnel including on-going safety procedures and policies.
· Participate in the development of procedural changes to improve the functioning of the department.
· Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to LMP’s standards and culture.
· Exposure to outdoor conditions and weather variables.
· Exposure to an office work environment.
· Exposure to a high volume of external and internal demands.
· Weekend/holiday hours as necessary; may include odd work hours if and when emergencies arise.
· Requires use of appropriate PPE equipment to limit exposure to potential hazards.
• Must be able to operate business equipment including a computer or laptop, printer, copier, telephone, smart phone, and calculator.
• Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body in order to be able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting, climbing, and walking for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to operate hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts used in arbor care management.
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Must be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge and/or Skills Required:
· Minimum 2 years of experience with arbor care.
· Minimum 2 years of experience supervising and leading personnel.
· Effective communication, time management and problem solving skills.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
· Valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving history/record.
· CDL License preferred.
· ISA® Certified Arborist credentials preferred, but not required.
Why join LMP, Inc.?
LMP, Inc. is a reputable and widely recognized professional organization that offers its employees:
· Competitive pay packages.
· Paid time off and vacation.
· Benefits comprised of participation in the company’s health insurance, 401k, and optional insurance packages including life.
· Career path development and training.
· A positive work environment.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to Garth Rinard, Branch Manager, by email garth.rinard@LMPPRO.com, or complete the application found on LMP’s website at http://www.lmppro.com/contact-us.html. Applications can be submitted via email, fax (813) 757-6501, or in person at 13050 East US Highway 92, Dover, FL. LMP, Inc. is a Certified Drug Free Workplace. All qualifying applicants will be asked to submit a pre-hire drug test prior to being offered a position at LMP, Inc.