Arbor Care Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Logistics Management of Arbor Care Division
Coordination of safety, training & development.
Hiring, performance reviews for all field personnel.
Timely delivery of services.
Scheduling & coordinating of resources (personnel, trucks & equipment).
Responsible for scheduling crews at job sites, tracking progress, and performing walk-through with clients;
Interview and recommend hiring new employees; Coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
Diagnose and treat tree problems mechanically or chemically for disease, pests, or other issues.
Ability to climb and perform work in trees that are over 50’ tall
Ability to Operate Bucket Truck.
Chainsaw use and proper care of equipment.
In Field Training and educating other employees on the job.
Experience with stump grinders, crane work, bucket operations, and climbing
Qualifications: Degree in Business Management or Arboriculture, Forestry, Environmental Sciences; ISA Certification (or willingness to obtain) a definite plus; 2+ years of management experience in the tree care industry experience preferred successful candidates will excel in logistics and have experience in the day-to-day operations of tree care business; management as well as knowledge of general tree care, plant health care/ IMP or Lawn; Class A CDL preferred, 5+ years’ experience trimming trees and palms as well as removing falling trees. Knowledgeable in deep root fertilization of trees (calibrations and applications)
· A progressive Arbor Care Operations Manager, demonstrating strength in driving performance, reducing inefficiencies and cutting costs.
· Expertise in building/optimizing organizational processes, measurement systems, and infrastructure to maximize business results
· Takes a responsive, cooperative, and knowledgeable approach to work.
· Maintains client relationships, while dealing with operational issues
· Leads through the facilitation of training and empowerment of others.
· Establishes a Team culture while providing daily support to managers and sales team, ensuring quality and budget performance while maximizing synergy among departments.
· Comply with safety standards and lead employees to safe and efficient high-quality tree care;
· Provide excellent customer service services by developing and maintaining client relationships and responding to client complaints in a timely manner;
Why join LMP, Inc.?
LMP, Inc. is a reputable and widely recognized professional organization that offers its employees:
• Competitive pay packages.
• Paid time off and vacation.
• Benefits comprised of participation in the company’s health insurance, 401k, and optional insurance packages including life.
• Career path development and training.
• A positive work environment.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to Garth Rinard, Branch Manager, by email garth.rinard@LMPPRO.com, or complete the application found on LMP’s website at http://www.lmppro.com/contact-us.html. Applications can be submitted via email, fax (813) 757-6501, or in person at 13050 East US Highway 92, Dover, FL. LMP, Inc. is a Certified Drug Free Workplace. All qualifying applicants will be asked to submit a pre-hire drug test prior to being offered a position at LMP, Inc.