Provide all aspects of pest management service for the Walt Disney World property, including structural pests, rodent control, lawn and ornamental pests and diseases, termites and wood destroying organisms, native and exotic wildlife, aquatic weeds and mosquitoes. Respond to service requests from Guests and Cast, perform preventive maintenance and accomplish project work. Available to work all shifts and any days of the week.
- Understand fully and comply with all state and federal laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage
- Treat for pests, diseases and weeds via a granular, liquid, dust, gel or ULV application, ensuring that all label guidelines are followed and all required personal protection equipment (PPE) is utilized
- Capture and/or trap nuisance wildlife as needed following established departmental guidelines, including snakes, raccoons, alligators, etc.
- Respond to and resolve pest control service requests from Cast and Guests
- Diagnose existing pest issues and potential pest issues via routine inspections in a timely manner
- Explain as needed, in an easy to understand fashion, to Cast and Guests what preventive, non-chemical steps could be taken to alleviate the pest situation they are facing
- Communicate with peers on multiple shifts and multiple departments in regards to pest issues
- Manage preventive maintenance schedules within an area and ensure that all work is completed
- Document activities and complete all required paperwork daily
- Participate in all company required training and evaluation sessions, for both pest control and other regulatory required programs
- Report to work on-time, as scheduled and provide as much notice as possible if unable to appear for a shift.
- A college degree in a related field or at least 3 years of documented pest control experience under a licensed operation
- An understanding of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and a willingness to work in an IPM environment
- Knowledge of common Florida pests, wildlife, plant diseases and weeds, and their signs
- Familiarity with all state and federal agencies and their laws regarding pest control, wildlife control and pesticide usage
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to communicate with both team members and clients/partners
- A valid Florida drivers’ license
- Ability to work any shift and any day of the week, including holidays and weekends – Disney’s Pest Management provides coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- State certification as a Certified Pest Control Operator in all categories
- Experience working in the Maximo work scheduling system
- Computer literate with some experience using Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
KEYWORD: WDW Casting and WDWCASTING WDWPest
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity