General Manager of MHP Division
An immediate opening in Lancaster, Pennsylvania exists for a General Manager of Must Have Perennials® accountable for profit and loss, to implement the strategic direction, and, manage day-to-day operations. A subsidiary of Aris Horticulture, Inc., Must Have Perennials is a marketing company serving breeders worldwide with services to increase the distribution of their genetic inventions. Responsibility is focused on breeder recruitment, new product development, network development, increasing brand and variety distribution using mainly social media marketing.
Ideal, self-motivated candidates will have the following job qualifications:
· Five years of progressive leadership experience, preferably in the horticultural industry.
· Internet marketing/Mail order experience. Ability to bring garden designs to market via sales on the internet and IGCs. Experience can be with any specialty product line driven by the web, not catalog marketing.
· Experience in horticultural or other vertical agriculture or specialty products group.
· Experience with breeder recruitment and working with license agreements.
· Managing new launches of new varieties or specialty products. Managing trialing and supply chain issues associated with new varieties.
· Social media experience. This is our voice to the market. Critical that we maximize this to the industry and consumer. Set bench marks, objectives, manage suppliers.
· Prepare budgets and track expense spending on monthly basis. Monitor revenue in various markets and take actions as needed to maintain profit levels as revenues and expense needs dictate.
· Ability to travel 15% time. Trade shows, breeders, sales distributors, and licensees. Three days/month. Europe 2 weeks/ year.
· Preferred horticulture degree with masters in communications degree.
· Work with Green Leaf Plants® staff, and manage a dispersed staff in Ohio, Europe, and contractors around the country. A virtual business.
· Familiarity with Webpress design program.
· Maintain independence of Must Have Perennials while supporting the goals of Aris Horticulture, Inc. related to perennials and supporting Must Have Perennials breeder clients.
· Sound financial/accounting understanding.
An excellent compensation and benefits package, and opportunity for business growth are available to the successful candidate.