Customer Service/Sales Representative
Customer Service/Sales Representative for South Florida
Well established young plant company is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and organized Customer Service/Sales Representative. Representative would be responsible for promoting, advising and selling young plants to wholesale nurseries in the South Florida region. Company currently enjoys an established customer base with good growth potential. Commission based salary with benefits; Vacation, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance and more. Must live in the South Florida region and be bilingual (English/Spanish).
Must have sales experience with plants and or tropical plant or landscape nursery experience. Degree in Horticulture or an associated field preferred but not required. Drug free workplace.
- Manage a portfolio of wholesale accounts as well as develop new accounts within an assigned territory
- Gain product knowledge to better educate customers about our product line and the best products for their needs
- Travel as needed within the assigned territory to visit existing customers, meet with potential customers and deliver sales presentations
- Seek out new business via cold calling, email marketing, canvassing, trade shows, industry events, networking, and social media
- Participate in industry trade shows including set up of company displays.
- Participate in industry organizations and stay current with industry trends.
- Collaborate with production team on determining future production needs and varieties that will increase sales
- Must have a high school or GED. Advanced degree in Horticulture or related field highly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of current sales experience with demonstrated track record of success. Sales and/or work experience in nursery, landscape supply, lawn and garden is highly preferred
- Interest in and a good working knowledge of common nursery plants
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A valid state issued driver's license and a clean MVR
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service
- Strong sales presentation skills
Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure with minimal supervision