Nursery General Manager
Phoenix Foliage/ForemostCo, Inc.
Winter Garden, Florida
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, control, and coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting horticultural specialties.
- Oversees and works with the Greenhouse Manager
- Manage growers to enforce and improve growing protocols.
- Analyze and report monthly profitability results.
- Develop production plans, with input from Sales, Management and Suppliers, so as to maximize sales, output and profitability of the facility.
- Works with sales and management in production planning and order fulfillment.
- Ensure labor cost objectives are met, help improve productivity and efficiency, and reduce costs where possible.
- Create and manage budget plans in line with sustaining and growing the business.
- Maintain high quality control standards and ensure order fulfillment
- Hire and train key staff and provide coaching to the members of the team to help them achieve peak performance as individuals and as team members.
- Analyze and review production trends.
- Coordinate with shipping and logistics team to ensure consistent effective delivery of young plants.
- Must be able to manage conflicts.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and must be good at math.
- Must be familiar with green house environmental computers.
- Must be able and willing to work with IT department to understand and improve proprietary systems.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Candidate Profile Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as management in the Horticulture industry.
- Must have experience working with young plants.
- Any additional relevant growing or management training.
- Must have strong communication, leadership, planning and organization skills.