Plant Procurement Manager
Caribbean Growers and Supply is looking for a motivated individual to manage and handle all plant purchasing and logistics for international distribution.
1. Must be well organized and be able to perform under pressure.
2. Have a good working knowledge of MS office professional and Qbooks as well
3. Source and price plant orders as requested. Estimates to be returned within 2 days of request
4. Coordinate delivery schedule with clients and create bookings with freight companies
5. Provide quotes for plant lists received
6. Visit nurseries and suppliers to personally inspect plant material quality, health and value to price.
7. Provide pictures of plant material as requested within 2 days of estimate request.
8. Insure that plants being tagged and purchased are in good health and have a fully developed healthy root system.
9. Search for the best possible prices and highest quality materials. Florida Fancy or No. 1 minimum.
10. Receive all dry goods purchased for consolidation and shipping
11. Update freight tracker daily
12. Work in tandem with Internationl broker and provide all necessary invoices for shipments
13. Provide final plant lists to International broker for Bahamas Ag Permits
14. Creation of standard plant pricing database (Updated Monthly)
15. Organize and supervise all loading and shipping of materials from vendors and to purchasers.
16. Work with Clients to source and tag materials in Florida as requested.
17. Source new Customers as requested by managers.
18. During slow periods look for new suppliers and better values. Weekly reports to be provided including savings/specials
19. Organize USDA Phyto permits for all shipments
20. Source and secure agency or distribution agreements from manufacturers when feasible.
21. Must have a friendly, personable and helpful attitude and personality.
22. Insure that company information and sources are kept private & confidential at all times.
23. Maintain a professional appearance and conduct with clients and staff at all times.
24. Keep the best interests of the company forefront in every decision.