Assistant Project Manager/Environmental Restoration
Assistant Project Manager – Environmental/Ecosystems Restoration
Full-time/Hourly – North Port, FL
We are looking for professionals who love the environment and have a passion for restoring the balance. At EarthBalance®, our Assistant Project Managers supervise the crew and participate in ecosystem restoration projects. They assist with project execution, bidding, and quality control. And they maintain client and subcontractor relationships for their assigned projects.
· Train and manage crew and subcontractors involved in ecosystem restoration projects.
· Treatment and removal of non-native plants. Native flora planting.
· Prepare and submit data and progress reports regarding project execution, status, schedule, and costs.
· Assist with contracts and bid packages.
· Conduct quality control inspections.
· Run a minimum of 1 – 2 projects at various stages of work.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Environmental Sciences, or related field, preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years in a related field; or a combination of education and experience.
· This position requires extensive travel to and from jobs, as well as frequent overnight stays that may last five days or more.
· Valid, unencumbered, driver’s license in the state of Florida and clean driving record is required.
· Applicator license Category 5A and 21, or the ability to obtain said license within 60 days of hire is required.
EarthBalance® is an employee-owned company that specializes in Environmental Restoration. We offer competitive pay and benefits including ESOP, health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
Most of the duties of this job are performed outside in harsh or extreme weather conditions. You will be constantly moving through uneven terrain, wetlands, beaches, mangroves, and other types of natural environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
EarthBalance® is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the Company based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by law.