Agricultural Aoutheast Marketing & Sales Manager
Agricultural Southeast Marketing & Sales Manager
Company: Haifa North America, Inc.
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Orlando, Florida Area
Job Cat: Marketing & Sales
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural related field
Expected Travel Time: Up to 50%
Career Level: Manager
Relocation Provided: No
Base Salary: $75,000-$90,000 USD/Annually
Description: Haifa North America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of a long established multinational corporation and global leading supplier of Potassium Nitrate, Specialty Plant Nutrients and Industrial Chemicals. With experience and know how of more than 5 decades our company operations now span more than 100 countries across all continents. Our US office is headquartered in Altamonte Springs, FL, with a support team in the field covering the North American landscape.
This is a great opportunity to join a global organization in a key position. The person in this Marketing & Sales role will represent the Haifa North America line of Plant Nutrition, Water Soluble and Controlled Release fertilizer products in an assigned territory encompassing the Southeastern, United States while also driving targeted Ag water soluble marketing schemes that have the potential to take on a national scope. This position is based out of a home office, preferably in the Orlando, FL, area. The selected candidate will use marketing expertise and technical and sales skills as well to sell existing and new customers and be responsible for relaying relevant customer information, trends, potential opportunities, etc. to Haifa North America management.
Essential Functions: The primary role of this position is to optimize current marketing and sales opportunities and / or generate new segmented opportunities and to maintain and develop strong working relationships with a key customer base of primarily fertilizer manufacturers and fertilizer distributors, as well as key end-users. Additionally, also to work internally with other Haifa departments to help ensure adequate supply of the right materials to meet these customer’s needs in a timely manner.
Agricultural Marketing & Sales Territory Management
- Interact regularly with top level manufacturer and distributor managers to maintain and develop effective supply chain relationships and to explore market growth opportunities and end-user solutions.
- Create additional demand of products in the marketplace by managing comprehensive marketing campaigns involving, advertising, grower field trials, educational seminars, University trials, trade shows, field visits with salesmen and growers, and utilizing other educational tools such as blogs / websites / etc.
- Function as a regional agronomist in developing solutions to grower needs, utilizing Haifa products and effectively presenting these solutions to growers and grower groups
- Understand market trends and anticipate customer needs to effectively keep customers and Haifa management informed of relevant information
- Forecast and develop a budget for annual sales based on customer / market needs and Haifa directives
- Creatively generate timely sales opportunities of incremental sales to help sales volumes regularly reach to at least budgeted levels
- Market potential and customers are prioritized and written strategies exist to gain and maintain market share
- Aggressively and creatively identifies and pursues new business opportunities at targeted accounts in key market sectors through development of new marketing strategies.
- Develops in depth knowledge about customer history, organization relationships, manufacturing capabilities, competitive issues, potential opportunities, etc. and transfers this knowledge to the organization for use in business maintenance and growth
- Monitors competitive activity in region and reports information to management
- Utilizes up to date knowledge about all products, current and potential applications to support customer needs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and interpersonal interaction
- Ability to develop marketing programs to penetrate existing markets further as well as acquire new customer’s through niche markets or product segmentation, along with a demonstrated track record of prior accomplishment in this area.
- Utilizes highly developed negotiating skills to meet territory targets.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong and extensive specialty crop nutrition know-how
- Demonstrate strong Team Leadership and Management skills
- Proficient with technology including ability to operate Microsoft Office Tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work with Fertilizer Dealerships’ Staff
- Ability to work in a field setting with Growers, Certified Crop Advisors, and Independent Crop Consultants to analyze crop deficiencies and recommend alternative resolutions to problems
- Strong understanding of crop nutrition principles and effective fertilizer strategies
- Ability to interface with University and Extension personnel
- Help manage research trials including prepared budgets, protocols, write ups or publications
- Provides accurate sales forecasts and participates in annual budget preparation
- Uses promotional materials, entertainment, technical resources and other resources to optimize return on dollars and time spent
- Expenses are maintained within agreed upon budgets and expense reports are filed promptly
- Company assets and information are protected.
Education and Experience
Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture related field and minimum of 5 years crop nutrition Marketing and Sales related experience. Master’s degree in Agriculture preferred.
- Current Driver’s License
- Certified Crop Advisor
If you possess these skills and have a drive to
achieve, then consider building your career with Haifa North America in a role
that has great growth potential for the high-achiever. Employees enjoy very
competitive compensation, a full menu of work/life benefits and opportunities
to continue developing their skills and building their career.