Winter Garden, FL
- Sourcing of product lines and new vendors
- Identify product need
- Promote product lines and vendors to sales team
- Work with suppliers on production planning on order fulfillment.
- Must answer requests in a timely matter
- Communicate with sales and Customer Service Department of any shortages, quality and overages
- Update availability on a daily or weekly basis depending on vendor
- Maintain computerized procurement records, such as items, vendor or service
- Evaluate and negotiate price based on market trends
- Coordinate with Logistics Department daily for pickups and deliveries
- Coordinate with Logistic for phyto-certificate requirements
- Source freight for direct shipments
- Process purchase orders and confirmation on a daily basis
- Organize appropriate documents for Billing and Accounts Payable Department weekly
- Visit customers and vendors in the Central Florida area.
- Attend nursery industry trade shows in the Central Florida area, and travel outside the area to attend nursery industry trade shows.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Multi-tasking and priority setting
- Strong follow up skills
- Excellent in verbal and written communication
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, pivot tables and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Vision software is a Plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Knowledge of plants a plus but not a requirement
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in purchasing.