Greenhouse Maintenance Specialist
Winter Garden, FL
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing specific and skilled maintenance repairs to greenhouse equipment, systems, electric repairs and other detailed installed systems.
- Able to work after hours and weekends when required.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times.
- Perform other general maintenance tasks to include but not limited to greenhouse: structural and roof coverings, installation, piping, pumps and heating systems.
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing assigned work/maintenance orders as needed, complete tasks and provide status of these to the department manager.
- Coordinate or complete a variety of detailed electrical and maintenance repairs for all electrical equipment such as, but not limited to: identifying, replacing, repairing, installing and maintaining all electrical wires, fuses, switches, motors and lighting systems. Complete correction action to those that are not working appropriately.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on moving mechanical parts such as conveyor belts and motors.
- Responsible for completing and/ or overseeing the daily work orders for plumbing requests such as, but not limited to: identifying, maintaining, and repairing all plumbing systems as well as other fixtures.
- Install, maintain, and repair all automated irrigation systems, fertilizer systems, pumps, pipes as needed.
- Perform general and routine maintenance of HVAC and related mechanical equipment, replace and program thermostats, replace fans and blowers, lubricate bearings, adjust and or replace bolts, replace filters, clear blockages.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times, wear safety equipment. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to Maintenance Manager.
- Perform other related or assigned duties by supervisor.
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing, greenhouse or agriculture environment.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Able to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work in close quarters, high places and confined spaces.
- Capable of working in varying temperatures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to operate heavy and specific electrical and hardware machinery
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand manuals and other procedures
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and work cross-functionally with other teams and departments
- Ability to work long hours, weekends as needed and be on call for 5 days or more