Village Nurseries is seeking a Production Field Operations Manager to oversee all aspects of operations for a 250-acre growing facility in Sacramento, California.
The manager will be responsible for managing field laborers, improving efficiency and productivity of workforce, and growing quality plant material (trees, shrubs, color, vines, and native plants).
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing the operation within budget for labor and production materials.
- Managing and overseeing irrigation system and controllers for all crops.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures for facility.
- Managing Labor Planning Program and establishing work benchmarks and efficiencies for all key work areas.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and develops new techniques to reduce costs and improve quality and efficiencies.
- Developing and producing key weekly indicator reports to help manage daily operations.
- Recommending nursery layout for optimal performance.
- Participating in overall product movement strategy from production field to dock to customer.
- Performing competitive analysis comparing company production output and efficiencies with key competitors.
- Managing safety committee and ensuring workers are performing safely and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Developing mentoring program for new employees.
- Ability and knowledge to professionally grow a wide variety of ornamental shrubs and trees for commercial sales.
- B.S. degree in horticulture and 5 years of related experience, OR minimum of 10 years of growing experience in a similar position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current, valid California Driver License (PCA license or applicator credential is a benefit).
- Spanish language abilities preferred but not mandatory.
Annual base salary will be $75,000.00 (depending on previous experience) plus bonus, car allowance, medical, dental, optional vision and supplemental insurance, 401(k), Flex Spending Account, paid holidays and vacation
To Apply Email : mmmarriott@VillageNurseries.com