Assistant Nursery Grower
The EarthBalance® Assistant Grower is responsible for the general maintenance of all crops and nursery grounds, and assists the Nursery Manager in the daily operations of the native plants nursery.
- Irrigate and fertilize all crops as determined by the needs of the company's upcoming projects.
- Maintain production areas clean and neat.
- Assist the Crew Leader with work tasks and production needs.
- Harvest and process seed.
- Maintain irrigation systems; manage vents in greenhouses.
- Spray and drench chemicals as needed.
- Manage live inventory changes daily.
- Education requirements: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Horticulture, Botany, Plant Nursery Operations, Floriculture Management, Greenhouse Management or similar field is preferred.
- Related experience: Minimum of 3 years' nursery experience, or a combination of education and experience is strongly preferred.
- Certification: Pesticide/herbicide applicator license in the state of Florida, or the ability to obtain such license within 60 days of hire, is required.
- Preferred: Bilingual (English and Spanish).
EarthBalance® is an employee-owned company that specializes in Environmental Restoration. We offer competitive pay and benefits including ESOP, health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, dust, and/or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
EarthBalance® is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the Company based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by law.