Assistant Head Grower
As New England’s largest distributor and grower of annuals and perennials – operating ten acres of state-of-the-art greenhouse space year round, we are looking for an experienced Assistant Head Grower with leadership and mentoring qualities to join our dynamic team. This role requires horticultural experience, pest and fertilizer knowledge and a passion for producing top-end product.
Head Grower by providing support and supervision for the Section Growers in
tasks such as watering, fertilizing, growth regulation and pest management
• Reports problems and issues to head grower to help resolve issues
• Troubleshoots greenhouse environmental control and irrigation systems and reaches out to Head Grower or maintenance staff when necessary
• Reviews priorities and provides information for Section Growers to set their individual work
• B.S. in Horticulture or equivalent
• At least five years of annual or perennial greenhouse production experience in a production
• Knowledge of chemical and biological pest and disease control
• Knowledge of greenhouse equipment and operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of Greenhouse environmental controls
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
About Us: Established in 1910, Cavicchio Greenhouses is a fourth-generation New England farm working more than 250 acres in Sudbury. As a horticultural grower and landscape distributor, we cultivate and supply an extensive variety of annuals and perennials, nursery stock, stone, masonry and landscape materials. With a hard-earned reputation for service, quality, selection and sustainability, we work with professionals and garden centers throughout the area to keep our region beautiful.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. Due to the volume of candidates, only those requested to interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer.