Drive, operate and maintain a tractor/sprayer or similar nursery machinery in order to spray ornamentals and shrubs for control of pests. Correctly mix tanks with designated chemicals and spray indicated area being certain to maintain proper application speed and coverage. Clean and maintain equipment. Follow all company, State and Federal regulations when handling/storing chemicals and as directed by the manufacturer. Constantly maintain all chemical application records and logs. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm. Weather Permitting and may change depending on organizational needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safely operate spray equipment in accordance with Brantley Nurseries procedures and regulations.
- Consistently and concisely maintain all chemical application records and logs.
- Properly mix tanks with designated chemicals and spray indicated area being certain to maintain proper application speed and coverage.
- Clean and maintain filters and clean nozzles as needed.
- Perform light maintenance and service of equipment and clean as needed.
- Effectively and efficiently complete all other duties given by management.
- All other duties assigned and special projects
- Physical Demands: Able to sit, stand, bend and walk for long periods of time. Able to independently lift objects not to exceed 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Job Site Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold).
- Prior Pesticide spraying experience in nursery or landscape industry.
- Working knowledge of pesticide applications and chemical application equipment.
- One or more years of working experience in the area of horticulture, agribusiness, and landscaping or nursery production.
- High school graduate with the ability to read, write and perform numerical calculations.
- Organizational skills and quality assurance.
- Working knowledge of shrub identification ranging from, but not limited to, type, species, specification and preferred size.
- Ability to plan and organize work according to manager/owners orders while maintaining task-on-time schedules.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
- Competitive pay
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance