Regional Director of Agronomy
To maintain the agronomy department functions in an efficient manner and create a culture in the workplace to ensure our customers’ success. The Regional Director of Agronomy will execute Mainscape's Standards of Excellence in all areas within the department including labor, equipment, customer service, safety, financial stability and all administrative functions. The Regional Director of Agronomy will be proactive leader, have a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who can interact with the public and our employees.
· A degree or professional qualification related to Agronomy, soil fertility or entomology is desired
· Ten (10) years’ working experience in a related field preferred but not required.
· Customer service experience with an ability to identify and resolve customer concerns.
· Scientific methods related to work
· Regulations specific to your region
· Computer software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
· Technical skills in all areas of agronomy such as inspections, water management, distribution uniformity and design.
· General industry safety guidelines.
· This position is in environments that involve safety hazard regulated by such governmental agencies such as OSHA, EPA, Dept. of Transportation, and the State Chemist Office. In addition, this position needs to be knowledgeable on the regulations to help reduce the exposure of our sales staff giving incorrect information on our services, as well as exposure to all of the safety hazards.
· Maintain professional demeanor and appearance
· Maintain a strong work ethic
· Demonstrate strong initiative with ability to work with limited supervision
· Adhere to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
· Develop strong client and employee relationships
· Demonstrate strong communication skills to interact with customers as necessary
· Meet critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
· Use leadership abilities with an organized and structured approach for supervision of Agronomy Operations Managers
· Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
· Prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Demonstrate hands on approach to task management, employee and customer interaction
· Work with other team members as a team toward a common goal.
· Demonstrate strong analytical skills
· Demonstrate administrative organizational skills