Heavy Equipment Operator
1 Stop Landscape Supply & Yard Waste Recycling is growing again!
Seeking qualified excavator/loader operator for 1 Stop Landscape’s recycling facility in Sarasota, FL. This is a fast paced position. We are looking for someone who is a team player and can work in a group as a supportive member of their team; someone who has an outgoing and nice personality; someone who will excel at interacting with customers while helping them unload their debris; and someone with the skill to load different size trucks/trailers with compost, topsoil and mulch. Bilingual is a plus but not is required.
1 Stop Landscape Supply & Yard Waste Recycling is a family owned, growing business in Sarasota, FL. This is a full-time, permanent position. You will work a minimum of 40 hours a week (up to 60 hours in season). Typical hours are Mon to Fri 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Saturdays are generally rotated with Saturday hours being 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Overtime is paid over 40 hours as per applicable laws.
After 90 days, holiday pay and health insurance become available to full-time employees. We pay 50% of the base premium for your health insurance. After one year, vacation pay becomes available. Free water and ice are available daily. Our employees are paid on a weekly basis.
At 1 Stop Landscape Supply & Yard Waste Recycling, we employ men and women of all ages that want to be a part of a great team of people that work hard and play harder. If you like to play in the dirt and get paid for it, this is the job for you. If you like to work hard and make it fun with a positive attitude this is the job for you. If you don’t mind getting asked to stay late or come in early this is the job for you. If you want to get rewarded for your hard work this is the job for you.
If all you want is a paycheck, a job where you just clock in and get through the day, this is not the job for you. So, let’s not waste each other’s time. We can train you to become a better operator; we won’t train you to be a good employee.
- Heavy equipment experience
- Daily equipment inspection and basic maintenance
- Ability to log fuel and inventory usage via handwritten forms
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers
- Experience using heavy equipment in high-traffic areas
- Ability to use heavy equipment to sort, manage, and monitor piles of yard debris, wood, and concrete
- Working knowledge of heavy equipment safety practices
- Valid driver’s license
- Saturday availability (on a rotating schedule)
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively exchange information with supervisors, coworkers and other members of the organization.
- Basic shop math and ability to accurately count items.
You will have the opportunity to be trained in other equipment including excavators, trommel screeners and grinders to move up within the company.
- Expertise with equipment in similar environments
- Knowledge equipment operation safety practices
- Landscaping industry experience
- Working knowledge of chemically treated wood and other contaminants
- CDL-A or CDL-B with air-brakes endorsement
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- The essential duties of this position require you to work in an outside environment, in varying weather conditions, with moderate to loud noise, dust, and pollen.
- There are extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Hands and fingers will be used to operate machinery, perform daily maintenance routines, assist customers (sometimes lifting products), and load/ unload material.
- You will need to see and hear safety issues, oncoming traffic, and communication with staff and customers.
- You will also visually inspect yard debris, concrete, and pallet wood.
We have both older and new equipment. However, even new equipment can break. When you are given a machine, it becomes your responsibility to take care of it. So, you will be expected to wash and grease your machine, change hydraulic hoses, and air out your machine daily. Oil changes and repairs are done by our mechanics, but maintenance and simple fixes are expected to be done by you. Taking pride in your machine is a must!
1 Stop Landscape Supply is a drug free work place with safety as a priority for our employees and our customers.
Successful candidate must consent to a drug test and pass a background check upon accepting this position and prior to their start date. This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function. We are looking for someone to start immediately.