Location: North & Central Florida
Status: Full Time
Reports to: SuperintendentPlease call Louis @ 352-494-3597 & send resume to: Louis@oasislandscapeservices.com Career Growth: Do you want to work for a company who is rapidly growing throughout Florida? Join one of the best companies in the Commercial Landscape & Irrigation industry. We will provide you with all you need to succeed in a safety first, incentive driven, and the desire to promote from within environment.
Oasis Landscape Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to our associates. We focus on developing our people by giving them the tools and training needed. This helps associates reach their personal and professional goals while still maintaining a reasonable work life balance. We continuously strive to promote from within, which makes Oasis an employer of choice and a great place to work.
Position: Oasis Landscape Services Inc. is currently searching for an experienced landscape technician to join our team. We offer year-round employment, competitive pay and benefits to the right people looking to be part of a professional organization. We provide continued training and education to help you succeed in the field and in your career.
Position Overview: Provides professional, quality, knowledgeable service to commercial customers by installing irrigation and plant material according to project plans and specifications.
Education and Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
· Positive, team-oriented attitude with the desire to learn and move up.
· High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience working in the commercial/residential landscape service industry.
· Valid permanent driver’s license in the state of Florida with a clean driving record per company standards.
· Reliable transportation to and from work.
· Ability to utilize hand tools to install irrigation and properly plant materials.
· Ability to interact regularly with customers to ensure their satisfaction.Responsibilities:
· Carrying out all duties as assigned by Superintendent
· Follow all applicable safety standards
· Drive company service vehicles to and from job locations.
· Install irrigation components according to plans and specifications in a timely manner
· Install landscape materials according to plans and specifications in a timely manner
· Complete required daily production forms and other paperwork.
· Performs daily inspection of service vehicle and equipment before leaving and again upon returning to the shop.
· Maintains service vehicle, equipment and facility through general maintenance, cleanliness and safety.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to follow directions from supervisor as it relates to the responsibilities for completing the work activities.
· Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence with attention to detail.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram form
· read and interpret documents such as plans, procedure manuals, sales guides, operating and maintenance instruction, safety rules etc.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals, fertilizers etc.)Physical DemandsRegularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk or ride on uneven surfaces for an extended period.
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift to 70 lbs. yourself
• Push and pull equipment
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud around equipment and highwayAdverse Conditions
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Subject to work near mechanical or moving parts
Pay and Benefits Overview: The ideal candidate will be paid based on experience and proven performance. Pay will be competitive but, will vary based on YOUR performance, experience, and abilities. After 60 days of employment Oasis pays 75% of your Health Care premiums and offers additional plans for Dental, Vision, and Disability. After 1 year of service Oasis provides 401k retirement plan options where we match up to 4% on the employee’s contributions. Holidays and Paid Time Off is accrued and available for use after January 1st.Disclaimer
Oasis may perform pre-employment testing. All new hires will be hired with a 90-day probationary period. All above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please send resume to: