Land Steward Assistant
Bok Tower Gardens is currently seeking to fill a Land Steward Assistant position. This full-time, field position is responsible for controlling invasive plant infestations and related land management activities on Bok Tower Garden conservation lands. Work includes using a backpack sprayer while walking or utilizing a UTV or tractor mounted spray system and documenting treatment status using GPS. This position assists with the maintenance of the Gardens’ buffers and encourages wildlife in the natural areas by creating habitats. As such, this position may be exposed to extremes in temperatures, humidity, as well as a variety of pests and wildlife – both dangerous and domestic.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; plus
· Knowledge of Florida ecosystems desirable; plus
· Minimum of two (2) years previous hands-on experience in maintaining Florida natural areas preferred; plus
· Experience in maintenance of Florida natural areas with the ability to operate small to large power equipment (i.e. tractor, chainsaw, front-end loader, backpack sprayer, lawn equipment)
· Experience in the use of prescribed fire, basic plant identification, and the use of herbicides
· Experience in writing work reports and record-keeping
· Current Pesticide Applicators License or the ability to obtain within six months of hire date
· Current Prescribed Burner certification or ability to obtain
· Valid Drivers’ License
· GPS/GIS experience preferred.
· Microsoft Suite preferred
Bok Tower Gardens offers a highly competitive salary. This position will remain open until filled.
Interested candidates may submit resumes and letters of interest by accessing our careers website: https://boktowergardens.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Bok Tower Gardens (BTG) is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled. We base all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
BTG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.