Lawn & Ornamental Pest Control Tech
Career Growth: Do you want to work for a company with a track record in Gainesville Florida that’s over 40 years old? Join one of the best companies in the lawn & ornamental pest control industry. We will provide you with all you need to succeed in a safety first, incentive driven, promote from within environment.
Oasis Landscape Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to our associates. We focus on developing our people by giving them the tools and training needed. This helps associates reach their personal and professional goals while still maintaining a reasonable work life balance. We continuously strive to promote from within, which makes Oasis an employer of choice and a great place to work.
Position: Oasis Landscape Services Inc. is currently searching for experienced lawn & ornamental pest control technician to join our team. We offer year-round employment, competitive pay and benefits to the right people looking to be part of a professional organization. We provide continued training and education to help you succeed in the field and in your career.
Position Overview: Provides professional, quality, knowledgeable service to residential and commercial customers by performing timely lawn & ornamental applications. Diagnose and correct lawn & ornamental problems through service calls and other means of customer communication. Add services to new or existing customers to help create growth of our customer base.
Education and Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
· A High School Diploma/GED and at least 2-4 year of experience and or training working in the commercial/residential lawn & ornamental pest control customer service industry.
· License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government.
· Valid permanent driver’s license in the state of Florida with a clean driving record per company standards.
· Reliable transportation to and from work.
· Ability to identify the basic lawns, shrubs and trees common to the north Florida service area.
· Understands and demonstrates proficiency with products and techniques used to maintain lawn & shrub health.
· Understands and adheres to label directions on each product used and practices the correct mixing and transportation procedures.
· Ability to interact regularly with customers to ensure their satisfaction.Responsibilities:
· Carrying out all duties as assigned by Management.
· Applies pesticides and fertilizers to lawns and shrubs in accordance to schedule, procedure, product label instruction and safety guidelines.
· Drives company service vehicles to and from job locations.
· Responds to customer phone calls or requests for service calls in a timely manner.
· Completes required daily production forms and other paperwork.
· Performs daily inspection of service vehicle and equipment before leaving and again upon returning to the shop.
· Maintains service vehicle, equipment and facility through general maintenance, cleanliness and safety.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as pesticide labels, procedure manuals, sales guides, operating and maintenance instruction, safety rules etc.
· Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence with attention to detail.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram form.
· Mathematical skills needed to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, volume, proportions, area, circumference, diameter, discounts, etc.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals, fertilizers etc.)Physical Demands Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk or ride on uneven surfaces for an extended period.
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift to 50 lbs. yourself
• Push and pull equipmentOccasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loudAdverse Conditions
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts Oasis performs pre-employment testing.
All above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please send resume to: Office@oasislandscapeservices.com