Jacobs is seeking a qualified Landscape and Maintenance Inspector. The position will require you to inspect and document on-site activities for conformance with project plans and specifications during installation, establishment, and long-term maintenance. The ideal candidate must be reliable, have strong communication and writing skills, be motivated, and able to multi-task. The position may require travel (within the state of Florida), weekend, and/or nighttime work.
- HS Diploma or equivalent. Higher education preferred.
- Two-three years minimum of commercial landscape construction and/or landscape maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and interpret landscape/construction plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of landscape installation including but not limited to palms, trees, shrubs, sod, irrigation systems, aesthetic features (signs, benches, planter walls, etc).
- Experience in plant identification including nuisance/exotics.
- Understanding of the Florida grades and standards for nursery plants as established by the manual "Grades and Standards for Nursery Plants" by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Understanding or soils and basic hydrology.
- Knowledge of chemical herbicide and insecticide application.
- Valid Driver's License
- Florida Nursery Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA) Florida Certified Landscape Technician (FCLT).
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification for Inspectors and Contractors.
- International Society of Arboiculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
- Advanced MOT
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Lawn and Ornamental Herbicide Applicator or ROW Applicator License.