Performs senior or lead level technical work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and field maintenance. Position is responsible for basic electrical maintenance, pump station systems, and other various equipment depending on area of assignment. Assignment may also include assessing and inspecting athletic fields for identification of various plants, insects, bugs, plant disease, fungus, safety hazards, and other problems . Work is performed under general supervision with latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach by using and interpreting policies and procedures.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Aquatics and Sports Facilities Assignment
• Assesses and inspects athletic fields for identification of various plants, insects, bugs, plant disease, fungus, safety hazards, and other problems.
• Develops and implements plans to cure or repair damages caused on athletic fields as well as plans for preventative maintenance.
• Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
• Researches equipment updates and replacement parts with vendors; orders inventory and installs new parts.
• Operates various equipment and tools associated with work activities, which may include electronic meters, spray equipment, top dressers, spreaders, electrical instruments, calibration equipment, hand tools, tractors, backhoes, loaders and electrical supplies.
• Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, job specifications, program sheets, electrical diagrams, blueprints, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
• Maintains equipment and calibration records; prepares calibration and maintenance schedules.
• Provides training to employees in calibration and repairs of equipment/software and electrical components related to the position.
• Maintains an awareness of new procedures, trends, and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
• Performs diagnosing, planning, repair, and preventative maintenance tasks for athletic turf and parks facilities.
• Works independently or as part of a team project effort, depending on area of assignment.
• Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate and prescribed safety, accident prevention, and security standards.
• Functions in a lead capacity, as directed, in overseeing the work product and project coordination tasks of lesser-skilled staff, and in ensuring adherence to established deadlines and safety requirements.
• Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
High School Diploma/GED required; depending on area of assignment, diploma or GED must be supplemented by significant vocational training and four (4) or more years of professional experience as an automotive mechanic (prefer diesel engine repair), equipment mechanic (prefer pump station equipment), or experience in at least two of the trades fields (construction, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, mechanical); demonstrated ability to operate a variety of medium-sized and heavy maintenance or construction equipment (depending on area of assignment); required; Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred at time of hire, or ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of employment if job assignment includes the operation of heavy equipment; employees assigned to work in Utilities must have a “Tanker” endorsement on their CDL for vac trucks; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Depending on area of assignment, relevant significant vocational training and four (4) or more years of professional experience as a licensed spray tech specializing in Bermuda turf is required. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license required.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work and may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of heavy objects or materials (up to 80 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment. May require periodic lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavier objects.
Tasks are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Wellington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Wellington provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
By applying, I understand this position description and hereby certify that I am qualified to perform this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.