General Manager Assistant
Sunshine Tropical Foliage is a family-owned wholesale plant nursery specializing in interior foliage. Located in Homestead for more than 30 years, we serve customers all over the United States as well as Canada and the Caribbean.
We are seeking a highly organized and responsible Sales & Administration Associate to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform administrative and sales related tasks with the objective to keep the office organized, tidy, and running smoothly. Future opportunities for advancement are possible for the person demonstrating an eagerness and ability to learn the nursery business and our specialized products.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a nursery selling wholesale foliage products, or
Sales / Management experience and a strong interest in plants and the nursery field.
- High school diploma or equivalent, associate’s or bachelor’s degree a plus
- Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service, or related field
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the plant and nursery industry
- Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and a good ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities
- Strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills (ability to deal directly with suppliers & customers)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Able to sell to customers in person and over the phone.
- Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer programs (specifically: Excel, Word, Outlook) and a general aptitude with computers and software
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist General Manager with administration and sales duties as directed.
Manage and execute tasks with regards to Sales, back-office administration, and accounting.
Main duties include:
- Performing clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, organizing documents.
- Taking phone calls from customers and advising them on availability.
- Entering orders and generating corresponding invoices.
- Coordinating with clients and confirming truck shipments
- Giving support to receive and sell to customers when visiting the nursery
- Following clients' payments and Account Receivable
- Supporting any duties related to accounts payable
- Helping to update monthly availability lists
- Maintaining promotional email lists when needed
- Processing plant and nursery inspection requests
- Participating in sales production planning meetings
- Preparing information research for General Manager
- Working closely with Production Manager, field team and nursery owners to maintain overall task quality and efficiency
Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
The work environment for this position is a mix of indoor & outdoor, in full sun exposure or in a shade house/greenhouse area.
1. Indoor – 80% of time. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year
2. Outdoor – 20%. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year.
3. High Temperatures – Ability to work outside in temperatures of up to and over 100 degrees
Percentage of time working will generally be:
Sitting and computer work 60%
Position requires the ability to occasionally lift or pull items up to 50lbs.
Applicants that are selected for an interview will discuss there experience, and wages can be determined at that time.