This position carries out tasks requested by Director of the Landscaping of a municipality with strict meticulous landscaping standards. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Landscaping. The Landscape Coordinator helps oversee the maintenance and installation of the landscaping of city rights-of-way and facilities. This person will assist with the oversight and inspection of city tree trimming and landscaping maintenance contractors. The contractors are responsible for completing cycles of trimming, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, spraying, planting trees, shrubs, ground covers, and turf areas within the City. The Landscape Coordinator provides help to the Director and Assistant Director as needed for them to manage various landscape installation projects and maintenance tasks. This person will assist with updating the current tree inventory using GPS devices and will review work orders for completeness. Types of work orders include trees trimmed, garden beds planted, irrigation maintenance and areas fertilized. All work is documented in a work order system using GIS collector.
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors to complete each project on time.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Reviewing work orders in the city work order/asset management software system for completeness.
- Geo-locate trees and new plant installation using GPS device.
- Taking before and after photographs to document work.
- Verifying contractors use of parts for irrigation repair projects.
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his job duties effectively and efficiently.
- Perform inspections to ensure contractors carry out their maintenance of traffic and other contractual requirements.
- Maintain a work order of all tasks performed.
- Maintain a daily log of visitors, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolved on the job site for larger projects.
- Travel between multiple job sites performing inspections, documenting activities and contractor progress.
- Review contractors’ work areas for an organized and clean site, including meeting standards for waste disposal and environmental protection.
- Must be able to oversee the completion of quality work in a timely manner.
- The requirements of the job may include other administrative and field duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and formal education in agronomy, horticulture, or landscape architecture or four years comparable working experience.
- Technical training and working knowledge of horticulture, agronomy, arboriculture, lawn & turf maintenance, and irrigation systems.
- Basic knowledge of software programs, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Desirable Knowledge Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of trees, plants, turf, plant diseases and pests, fertilization, irrigation, landscaping equipment operation and plan review.
- Basic landscaping design and installation knowledge.
- Familiarity of Genus, species names of trees and plants along with common names.
- Obtain certification as an arborist with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). within one year.
- Obtain certification as a Landscape Inspector with the Landscape Inspectors Association of Florida (LIAF) within six months.
- Good reading comprehension for technical documents, such as safety regulations, assembly and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Keen eye to identify non-compliance with regulations or standards and ability to suggest solutions for deficiencies or problems.
- Proper verbal communications skills, especially when addressing residents.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time and to walk in varying climate conditions and on uneven ground.
COMPENSATION: SAFEbuilt pays competitive wages and has a strong benefit offering including company vehicle.
More About SAFEbuilt: The fastest growing provider of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.