KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Follow preventative maintenance scheduled as set by the Facility Maintenance Manager in a timely manner.
- Systematically inspects buildings and other structures to detect malfunctions or potential problems that are in need of repair.
- Provide or direct the repair and maintenance of all facilities. Contract for services as required with direction from Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- Adhere to prescribed schedule of maintenance for, and not limited to, air conditioning filter replacement, water filter change, fire extinguisher inspection, facilities (plumbing, lighting, electrical, HVAC, pest control and moisture control).
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of various fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, ballast, breakers, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains and toilets, replacing sinks/faucets, etc...).
- Performs painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, constructing pole barns and sheds, constructing trade show props, pouring cement pads, etc.).
- Build or direct the construction of fences, trellis and other structures within scope of responsibility.
- Provide for the safety and security of facilities.
- Routinely pick up supplies from local area vendors
- Assist as directed with the construction and maintenance of primary and secondary roads, culverts , drainage retention areas.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Five years of prior handyman or facilities repair experience
- High School grad or GED equivalent. Literacy skills to interpret equipment manuals.
- Mechanically inclined, some working knowledge of small and large engines.
- Electrical experience (certification preferred).
- Able to work independently, plan, organize and function with minimal amount of supervision.
- Valid driver's license and clean MVR.
- Regular strenuous lifting, bending and stretching.
- Lift and transfer objects up to and over 75 lbs regularly.
- Able to sit, stand, bend and walk for long periods of time during the day and night.
- Able to drive and operate farm vehicles such as tractors, trucks, mules, jeeps or four wheel vehicles.
- Exposure to outside climate, including extreme heat and cold conditions.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to effectively use small hand tools, power tools, & equipment.
REQUIRED LICENSES / HOURS OF WORK
Regular scheduled workweek is from 40 to 45 hours per week. May have peak periods during summer periods. Start and end times vary depending on organizational needs.