Purchasing & Project Coordinator / Manager Trainee
Landscape Service Professionals Inc.
Purchasing Agent & Project Coordinator - Landscape Division
LSP is willing to train the right person on project management if you have Excellent knowledge of Plants and Florida Grades & Standards
Landscape Service Professionals, Inc. was established in 1998 and is located in Coral Springs, Florida. We are a well-rooted Landscape and Irrigation Contractor and Landscape and Irrigation Maintenance, Fertilization, Pest Control and Tree Trimming Company.
We are committed to finding and retaining star employees as they are our most important asset. We encourage a positive culture and productive workplace to carry out our mission and objectives.
Our benefits package includes: PAID VACATION, PAID HOLIDAYS, 401K, LIFE INSURANCE, SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE, YEAR END BONUS & COMPANY TRUCK/GAS
Employment Verification, Background Checks and Drug Testing will be performed
Phone interviews will be scheduled for qualified applicants, followed by in person interview if we are a fit for each other. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 954-721-6923 resume with salary requirements
Purchasing Agent & Project Coordinator/Manager
This is one of the most important jobs in the Department & requires the following:
Skills & Knowledge
· Experience in New Construction of Large Commercial Installation Projects
· Extensive knowledge with Florida Grades & Standards
o Florida Plant material, characteristics, quality, availability to determine compliance with ordinances, regulations, laws and BMP’s and industry related standards
· Understanding views and objectives of inspectors, architects, owners, in order to provide alternate cultivars, species and/or sizes of plant material
· Ability to multi-task with multiple foremen on multiple jobs daily
· Able to read and accurately interpret landscape plans and specifications
o Interpret or translate for team members as needed
o assist with training and growing personnel
· Computer literate and able to communicate professionally both verbally and written - email, Excel, Word, Buildertrend program a plus
· Monitor project to be proactive in upcoming circumstances and possible solutions. Communicate (preferred in writing) with LSP project manager
· Develop new and nurture relationships with vendors
· Continue education in industry
· Clean Drivers License
· Help with picking up supplies/materials
· Experience or ability to operate New Holland/Bobcat skid steer and/or loader/backhoe
· Self motivated and organized for coordination of Commercial landscape installations
· Safety Oriented – understand implications of environmental, health and safety regulations for self & crews
· Have an eye for detail and training
· Good communicator written and verbal
· Must be able to multi-task
· Positive attitude towards projects, vendors, customers and personnel
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times including cleanliness of truck etc.
· Encourage team building, respect, cooperation
· Communicate with Landscape Inspectors, Management, Peers, Personnel, Vendors, Customers (GC’s, Project Managers, Superintendants), verbally, written form (email) or personally, to develop and maintain a constructive and cooperative working relationship
· Resolve conflicts to conditions in the field, amicably when possible with all parties – communicate with Project Manager for written responses
· Procure plant material to obtain the best rates, terms and conditions possible
· Utilize all sources for procurement and elimination of available sources of material (Plant Ant, Plant Finder, Plant Search) - Keep records to show LA’s and Inspectors of the due diligence
o Refrain from using brokers when possible unless they provide best pricing or if it is to the advantage of the project
o Do the math – and show it
§ delivered material vs. picked up
§ utilizing local suppliers for small quantities (i.e. Getting Green)
· Provide RFI’s (request for information) for short or unavailable materials with alternates in writing (form or email) to benefit the project when possible
· Keep records of cost comparisons
· Be cognoscente of lead times for procuring material (root pruning, deliveries from CA, TX etc.)
· Discuss concerns of budget prices with availability prices large quantities or significant amounts
· Physically tag material to meet Florida #1 or better as per specifications
· Provide photos of materials for submittals
· Work with/communicate with estimator to regularly update information on actual availability, pricing, especially when season & inventory changes affect cost and availability and sizes.
· Update all areas of the Job Board weekly, daily, as needed (watering, warranty, pre-cons etc.)
· Ability to prioritize and organize projects
· For multiple job sites, delivery drivers and crews – Coordinate with Foreman to properly staff, equip and provide materials, deliveries.
· Coordinate with Foreman, estimate appropriate quantities of materials be delivered daily to prevent Overtime, double handling, extra watering, etc. - more is not always better.
· Observe crews for safety and proper procedures and methods during site visits. Write up safety violations as needed
· Check driver logs and timesheets
· Attend site meetings as needed. Relay pertinent info back to management, PM and crews
· Communicate with mechanic to address concerns and write up any neglect issues by crewmen
· Coordinate work other divisions i.e. work orders on maintenance jobs and subcontractors etc.
· Consistently check job boards, emails, texts etc. Be available by phone.
· Ability to endure Florida weather conditions at job sites and plant nurseries
to assist when needed