Job Description – Fleet Vehicle/Equipment Technician (Non-Exempt, Hourly)
1. Technical Knowledge- Able to perform all functions of the job. Able to perform the quality and quantity of work necessary. Is knowledgeable of general, overall business operations and expectations.
2. Customer Service (Including internal customers)- Consistently provides excellent customer service to all customers. Practices excellent customer service skills in all interactions.
3. Communication- Receives direction and feedback well from others. Informs supervisors, managers and team members of key issues as appropriate.
4. Teamwork- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and managers. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills while gaining respect and positively influencing others. Promotes teamwork and a positive attitude within the work environment.
5. Reliability- Is punctual and adheres to attendance standards consistently. Completes work assigned on a timely basis. Hardworking and does not require constant supervision and/or reminders.
6. Appearance- Wears appropriate attire, consistently adheres to the uniform policy, and is neat and well-groomed. Demonstrates a professional image when representing the company.
7. Safety- Follows all Company procedures to ensure a safe environment for themselves, co-workers, customers and Company.
1. Perform preventative maintenance and service to a variety of landscape power equipment including commercial mowers, 2 cycle equipment, utility vehicles, trucks and trailers
2. Operate safely and maintain shop in a clean, orderly manner
3. Maintain equipment in good working condition; the nature of the job requires that we work long hours at times; overtime may be required.
4. Responsible for sharpening blades, grease equipment, change the oil in all equipment including all trucks and trailer
5. Perform full inspections of truck, trailers and lawn maintenance and construction equipment in order to repair problems before they become safety issues
6. Work directly with employees addressing concerns
7. Manage sharpening blades, cleaning trucks and mowers, organizing shop, etc.
8. Promptly schedule and coordinate third party installations and/ or repair.
9. Ordering parts and supplies and maintaining adequate inventory, as well as controlling inventory
10. Maintain excellent relations with vendors, managers, and coworkers.
Skills and Qualifications
1. A professional with a minimum of (2+) years repair experience with mowers, small engines, 2 cycle equipment and utility vehicles
2. Must be able to reach overhead, work in various positions (including stopping, standing, bending over, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time)
3. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance of tools or other personnel, push and pull materials and equipment repeatedly throughout the workday
4. Basic automotive repair experience
5. A team player with excellent communication abilities
6. Strong organizational skills, shop cleanliness, inventory and parts ordering, desire to stay proactive and not reactive as it applies to preventative maintenance and repairs
7. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
8. Must have valid Driver's license and clean driving records