· Will be responsible for the ordering, installation and maintenance of all annual flower displays for BBCA.
NATURE OF POSITION:
· Reports directly to the Director of Community Maintenance Operations
· Will supervise one full time employee and others as necessary to ensure maintenance and installation occurs in an efficient manner.
· Will work closely with the Asst. Directors, Manager and Technicians within the Grounds Department.
· Requires a minimum of 3 years experience with annual flowers in a Florida location.
· Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Will be required to apply fertilizers and pesticides frequently.
· Must be able to endure prolonged and repetitive bending, kneeling, walking, digging and sweeping.
· Must be able to tolerate, and perform duties, in extremes of outside elements such as heat, cold, rain etc.
· Must be able or learn to operate various pieces of maintenance equipment.
· Requires a valid Florida drivers license.
SUCCESS CHARACTERISTICS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Will recognize that customer service policy, as implemented by the BBCA management team, has the highest priority among all of our daily activities.
· Must understand the company’s corporate philosophy as it relates to the duties performed.
· Requires the ability to maintain internal and external professional relationships.
· Must be able to share and generate ideas as a proactive member of the team.
NECESSARY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
· Must be courteous and personable with employees, co-workers, customers and vendors.
· Integrity and honesty.
· Have the ability to take direction and communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
· Must be an excellent problem solver and troubleshooter.
· Must be able to supervise and take charge of annuals removal and installation operations.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES IN ATTAINING ACCOUNTABILITY OBJECTIVES:
· Will coordinate with supervisors and suppliers to accurately order annual flowers to be contract grown.
· Will prepare annual beds in a manner that will help ensure viability and success.
· Will supervise one full time crewmember and many other crew members on a part time basis. This supervision is essential to a quick turn around of annual beds.
· Will maintain annuals once installed through inspection, fertilization, pest control, irrigation management, and pruning.
· Will maintain detailed and accurate records regarding all aspects of the annual flower operation. This will include crop types, weather, irrigation, and plant varieties and numbers.
· Will ensure proper cold weather protection is utilized after coordination with the Grounds Manager.
· Will grow and maintain annual flowers in hanging baskets for distribution to select areas.
· Will perform other related duties as requested.
· Will complete once a year Development Discussions with full time Annuals assistants.
· Will perform other duties as assigned.