Mid Florida Nurseries is a family owned and operated wholesale woody ornamental nursery located just off I-4 in Plant City and Polk City Florida. Right in between Tampa and Orlando. We have been in business for 28 years. We have recently purchased 127 acres in Polk City, and will be moving the nursery to this new location. We are currently looking for Grower/ Production Manager for our team.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $40,000 - $60,000 based on experience
Experience: Operations Management: 2-3 years (Preferred) Project Management: 1-2 years (Preferred)
Language: English/Spanish speaking preferred
- Knowledge of woody ornamentals
- Develop a crop/nursery maintenance program
o Knowledge of chemicals – When and where to use them
o Knowledge of pests/insects – Scout regularly and know how to identify them.
o Knowledge of fungus/bacteria
o Knowledge of herbicides and seasonal weeds
o Assist in conducting training programs to protect workers involved in pest/fungus/weed control.
- Direct all aspects of nursery production.
o Assist in managing inventory and availability – input on when and what to pot up when inventory is getting low
o Knowledge of planting, pruning, fertilizing, and weeding, AND having the ability to direct others in these activities.
o Provide direction to other employees and process the ability to train or teach others along the way.
- Assist in purchasing and receiving raw materials and step up material by communicating with us on what and when you need something for production. This includes procurement of products such as fertilizer, chemicals, pots, soil, etc.
- Knowledge of human resource issues in the production area – conscience of practices that are unsafe and harmful to all employees involved
- Ability to coordinate equipment needs/service and maintenance.
- Assist in daily sales, and coordinate pulling orders correctly. This includes being able to direct other employees to help in this process.
- Oversee all orders for delivery to ensure the right plants and quantities are pulled.
- Knowledge of loading trucks and how to organize multiple orders on one truck.