Brightview Landscape Services
The primary function of the position is to maintain the grounds of industrial, commercial or public property based upon assignment scheduling. It is essential to:
- Cut turf using various sized power mowers, trimming and edging, using a gas powered edger/trimmer, and operating a gas powered blower
- Properly and safely prune shrubs and low trees as needed to improve the shape or growth habit or to remove damaged branches
- Plant and maintain flower beds
- Properly and safely operate the edger and line trimmer along sidewalks, flower beds, trees, buildings, fences and other objects
- Pick up trash and blow leaves and other organic debris on to the turf before mowing,
- mulch the leaves and organic matter when mowing
- Perform weeding by hand or using a garden hoe or hula hoe
- Essential to maintain a polite, friendly, responsive demeanor with guests and customers
- Other duties are assigned.
- You must be at least 18 years old, enthusiastic and dependable, and able to safely work with equipment like power saws and cutters. VALID FLORIDA DRIVERS LICENSE IS A PLUS
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to do very physical work that includes standing, bending, or kneeling for long period of time
- Must be able to lift/carry 35-50 pounds of mulch, plant material or other equipment as needed.