Lawn Crew Foreman
Lawn Crew Foreman (Manager to a crew of 7ppl)
Benefits Available: Professional Uniforms, Comprehensive Training For Career Advancement.
A Landscape Management Crew Leader, is a working team member that oversees, lawn mowing, clean-ups, mulching, trimming, landscape maintenance, pruning, trimming, fertilization, weed control, planting of trees and shrubs, flower installation, leaf clean-ups, and similar tasks. Crew Leaders take the lead in a Crew of up to 7 persons. This position reports to a Project Manager.
• Licensed arbor care and tree trimming services a plus
• Landscape irrigation repairs and maintenance a plus
This requires managerial experience. You must know your equipment, be able to work with your team and the following (job description): provides facility maintenance to commercial, industrial, institutional, government and corporate clients.
• Ability to work with diversity in a constructive way.
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record necessary.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic
• arriving on time to warehouse
• check in and/out with customers; ensuring that customers are satisfied completely through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits.
• be able to recognize deficiencies on landscape to record on written report and submit to office.
Position Requirements: Able to effectively communicate in the English language
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with commercial sized properties (homes & condominiums).
• Drive company vehicles as directed
• Operate various types of equipment and machinery associated with this job description
• Professional landscape maintenance operations
• Landscape repairs, restoration, and remediation plan.
• Perform other assigned tasks related to landscape management
• Experience with customer service
• Able to recognize when they do not have the answer for the customer and let them know they will find out or get the Project Manager involved
• Keeps the Project Manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site
• Maintains positive, responsive, and flexible attitude to all customers.
• Inspects site and advises Project Manager of potential liabilities Crew Supervision
• Ensures that the crew meets projected man hour and materials budgets on assigned work tickets
• Prepares and secures all materials, tools and equipment first thing in the morning for that day’s schedule
• Tops off with fuel, turns in paperwork to office, cleans service vehicle and prepares for next day’s activity
• Able to assign tasks to crew members (if applicable) and follow up to make sure that work was completed properly
• Insures that all crew members (if applicable) report to work on time and follow all company rules and procedures.
• Takes appropriate disciplinary actions as necessary and involves Project Manager when necessary Crew Training
• Ensures crew members are trained on company safety policies
• Able to certify crews in the job tasks assigned to the Crew Leader
• Trains crew members (if applicable) to do job effectively and efficiently
• Able to cross train crew members in the performance of Crew Leader’s role for future growth
• Able to evaluate the performance of the crew
• Able to assist the Project Manager in a performance review for crew members
• Able to monitor goals based on evaluation process Safety Management
• Maintains and promotes safe working conditions in the field at all times
• Follows company procedures on discipline if any safety rules are broken
• Maintains clean, neat, and professional image of service vehicle & trailer
• Ensure crew members maintain professional image using approved uniforms and by monitoring & maintaining proper employee actions Equipment Management
• Ensures all assigned equipment, tools, safety items, vehicles & trailers or other items are maintained in proper working order by following proper maintenance and inventory schedules
• Is accountable for neglect and abuse of assigned equipment Administrative
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Can organize and implement work schedule
• Responsible for the following forms and procedures
• Accident Reporting Forms
• Equipment Inventory Form
• Equipment Repair/Request
• Monthly Vehicle Safety Inspection
• Trailer Safety Inspection Form
• Quality Control Inspection Form
• Daily Property Inspections which include reports for Irrigation, Outdoor Pest Control, Arbor Care Needs, and Landscape
• Able to operate a smart phone, send and receive emails, take digital photos
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information Work Environment/Physical Requirements
• Work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
• Work near or about natural bodies of water
• Work with various types of work lifts
• Able to work extended shifts if required by Management
• Ability to work in extreme conditions - working temperatures may exceed 95 degrees Fahrenheit
• Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
• Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
How will my rate of pay be determined?
Hiring Managers on assigning The Appropriate Rate Of Pay Based On a Variety Of Factors Including Each job category has a range of pay associated with it.
• Years of proven experience for the job you are applying for
• If you qualify and meet our underwriting procedures to drive company vehicles
• Your knowledge and ability to operate equipment classes
• If you have special licensing, such as a CDL, Pesticide Applicators License, Tree Trimming License, ISA Arborist Certification, Lift Certification, etc.
• References of direct supervisors impact the rate of pay of new hires
• Hiring managers can rate match a recruited team member from a competitor
For more information please visit www.cuttersedgepro.com
We are drug free work place by choice.
Location: Davie (Broward County)
Competitive pay depending on qualifications. Submit wage request with resume.