Sales Account Manager
We are looking for a new team member to work in our Sales and Marketing Department. The Account Manager’s primary objective is to create demand, promote and sell mycorrhizal (MycoApply) products (priority) and additional bio-rational products within the Ornamental Horticulture Industry. Additional objectives include providing technical services, and advise on the use, properties, and modifications of products. Service a variety of customer accounts, diagnosing and solving customer needs. Share vital input based on his/her interactions with clients and industry back to manager, sales team, other relevant departments and/or other SCC Affiliates.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers; soliciting new accounts; Identify decision makers, building rapport; providing technical information and explanations.
- Manage, service and expand sales at distributor, dealer, and manufacturing customers. Includes travel to customer and grower locations
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits and overcome customer concerns. Providing price quotes and potential credit terms where appropriate.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
- Maintains and develops accounts by assessing customer's purchasing history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features and by troubleshooting any problems for them
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service trainings and demonstrations and where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Administrative responsibilities to include but not limited to: sales call planning reports, maintaining customer profiles and call records, and tracking of sales, complaint inquiries, budget, and returns/inventory.
- Responsibilities include providing customer service via email or phone calls to answer questions, facilitate orders or resolve problems.
- Effectively works with cross functional teams including transportation, finance, and production to ensure optimal service to customers; exploring and recommending opportunities to improve policies and procedures to better meet department/company objectives.
- Stay personally relevant and be able to contribute valuable information to your manager, sales, and marketing team by assessing competitors, analyzing trends and other such activities to help identifying sales opportunities or threats.
- Achieve and exceed goals by closing new business transactions
- A self-starter who is well-organized and demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Works collaboratively to foster a team-based environment to drive achievement of company and department objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Including frequent and clear communications with customers and growers.
- Problem solving experience and skills.
- Skilled proofreader with stellar attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarize data and trends clearly.
- Capacity to learn the product line, including all the active ingredients; and then be able to teach others what you have learned.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control and account development. Knowledge of Salesforce and Distributor Management experience a plus.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines.
- Resolves customer concerns, recommends modifications to products/services
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales. Demonstrated knowledge and a good understanding of plant physiology, crop production, crop protection and soil health a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and Salesforce (a plus).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Soil Biology, Mycology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Horticulture or Business/Marketing
Location: Southeast – Florida (Orlando). This team member will reside in this Territory. Company headquarters are located in Grants Pass, OR.
Travel: Estimate overnight 40%. Actual travel will vary based on location of New Team Member. Travel will include both overnight travel as well as day travel throughout the territory.