· Will be responsible for the safe and effective application of pesticides to turf and ornamental plantings in BBCA areas of responsibility.
NATURE OF POSITION:
· Reports directly to the Landscape Manager.
· Will work closely with the Director of Maintenance Operations, Assistant Director of Maintenance Operations and Technicians within the Grounds Department.
· Will work closely with grounds employees to assist them with application of contact herbicides in their individual areas.
· Requires a minimum of 3 years experience with the application of pesticides in a lawn and ornamental situation.
· Will be able to acquire and maintain a “certified pest control operators (PCO)” license in lawn and ornamental, within three years of employment.
· Must have the ability to perform calibration that requires an above average understanding of math applications.
· Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to endure prolonged and repetitive bending, kneeling, walking, digging and sweeping.
· Will need to apply pesticides and fertilizers as needed.
· Must be able to tolerate, and perform duties, in extremes of outside elements such as heat, cold, rain etc.
· Must be able or learn to operate various pieces of maintenance equipment.
· Requires a valid Florida drivers license.