We are currently looking for a full-time IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Technician to join our team at Quail West!
Quail West is a leading private golf and country club that prides itself on providing world-class facilities for Members and their guests and an extraordinary and inclusive, yet unpretentious lifestyle. One of Southwest Florida’s most welcoming clubs, Quail West’s courses, facilities and services are shared by a limited number of members to enhance the quality of the member experience.
This position is for Mon - Fri, 6:30a - 3:00pm (occasional weekends)
The IPM Tech will exhibit proficiency in all tasks associated with the daily care and maintenance of a private upscale community. The position will have a primary focus on chemical application and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Responsible for current goals and objectives of department and accurate implementation of daily work objectives.
· Will energetically support all training activities with this department to ensure consistency throughout the community.
· Will assist in training, supporting and coaching all activities of the staff.
· Will perform all duties of Equipment Operator 2 with excellence but not be limited to these tasks
· Will perform all duties in a safe operating manner while wearing all required safety equipment.
· Will operate spray rig with accuracy.
· Will spot spray non selective and selective herbicides
· Will assist IPM Manager and Grounds Manager in the mixing and loading of chemicals.
· Understands mixing and application process as outlined in Chemical Application Process Document.
· Will perform required record keeping for all applications
- High School diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Minimum of Equipment Operator 2 in Operating Job Standards
- Florida Limited Lawn & Ornamental Pesticide License preferred or the ability to obtain one within six (6) months.
- Landscape maintenance experience preferred.
· Must be in compliance with and support a Drug Free Workplace.
· Requires flexible availability. Will work weekends. Requires individual to spend long periods of time on their feet, walking, standing or stooping.
· Must be well groomed and maintain a neat, clean and well kept physical appearance.
· The nature of the position requires the individual to spend long periods of time on their feet, walking, standing and stooping.
· Requires lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds.
· Will comply with all safety procedures, requirements and regulations.