Full-time/Exempt – North Port, FL
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for the overall execution, coordination, control, and completion of environmental consulting and permitting projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
· Performs field activities including, but not limited to, water quality sampling, water level monitoring, wildlife surveys, vegetation monitoring, wetland delineation, and habitat mapping without senior supervision.
· Completes environmental assessments, wildlife reports, and monitoring reports.
· Works with GIS staff in preparation of graphics/maps in support of report production.
· Able to compile field data into a written report that is understandable to the layman.
· Familiar with Federal, State, and local wetland permitting regulations.
· Able to perform general and species-specific wildlife surveys/assessments.
· Assist in the planning and implementation of assigned environmental consulting, permitting, and restoration projects. Responsible for the execution, status, schedule, and quality control of projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related field.
· Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related field a plus, but not required.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in environmental field work and/or studies.
· Must have a valid, unencumbered, driver’s license and clean driving record.
EarthBalance® is an employee-owned company that specializes in Environmental Restoration. We offer competitive pay and benefits including Employee Stock Ownership Plan, health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and more.
Many of the duties of this job are performed outside in harsh or extreme weather conditions. You will be regularly moving through uneven terrain, wetlands, beaches, mangroves, and other types of natural environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
EarthBalance® is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the Company based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by law.