Garden Landscape Technician
Landscape Technician - Job ID 21896
Location: Cooperative Extension, 6021 S. Conway Road, Orlando, FL 32812
Full-Time - $13.93 - $15.38 / Hourly, Based on qualification and policy
Hours/Days of Work: 7:30am - 4:30pm / Monday-Friday (occasional evenings and Saturdays)
Closing Date: 6/25/2018
UF/IFAS Extension Orange County is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Garden Landscape Technician. This position will perform a wide variety of skilled and technical horticulture and landscape work in support of the educational outreach of the division.
- Supervises staff and volunteers in the Exploration Garden and Greenhouse
- Performs and supervises the establishment, installation and maintenance of landscape material, including the proper pruning, preparation of beds for planting, removal of dead or diseased trees, shrubs and other plant material.
- Responsible for repair, installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Applies fertilizers and pesticides using appropriate safety measures and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Performs landscape management tasks as identified but not limited to mowing, trimming, mulching, planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing, weeding, pest control and irrigation.
- Establishes ongoing maintenance schedule for gardens, greenhouse, turf, landscape and natural areas.
- Carries out the renovation or installation of existing or new teaching or demonstration designs in the Exploration Gardens in support of the educational programs of the Cooperative Extension Division.
- Operates and maintains gas powered equipment including tiller, edger, mower, front end loader, trimmer, blower and chainsaw.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from high school or equivalent and five years of progressively responsible experience in landscaping and ground maintenance. Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Horticulture, Landscape Maintenance or closely related field may substitute for two years of the required experience.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) Pesticide Applicators License or obtain within six months of hire.