Landscape Maintenance Account Manager
The Account Manager serves as the primary contact for Dias Brothers’ clients. They build and sustain long-term relationships, focusing on both client retention and ancillary sales, while providing oversight for field operations. The Account Manager supervises the Foremen and services the customers.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers
- Develop and maintain a schedule to perform “site walkthroughs” during formal meetings with customers to ensure quality and service expectations are met.
- Lead and facilitate or assist in the resolution of customer problems or concerns.
- Proactively present site enhancement ideas to existing customers.
- Ensure renewals of each current account within the customer portfolio.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to sell ancillary services.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Generate referrals from existing client base and communicate to Operations Manager
- Develop accurate estimates, takeoffs and invoices for both new and existing clients as needed.
- Supervise the Foreman and crew members
- Manage service delivery to specified scope of work.
- Coordinate consistent and timely site visits with Operations Manager.
- Participate in weekly Managers meetings
- Maintain satisfactory Accounts Receivable levels.
- Coordinate with Administrator to ensure account records are updated with current client information.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Ensure the vehicles and equipment for each crew are properly maintained and secured
- Procure all materials for customer enhancements.
Skills we're seeking:
- 1 year of supervisory experience in the landscape industry.
- 5 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization in the landscaping industry
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- 2 or 4 year degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience in a service industry.