Rockaway, Inc. is a top growing local horticultural organization that is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Designer. We offer great pay and career advancement opportunities.
The Landscape Department provides a full service offering for Rockaway, Inc. customers for any element of their landscape needs. The Landscape Designer/Sales position maintains a key role within the landscape division, serving as the liaison between the customer and Rockaway, Inc. Their key focus is to conceptualize and sell a vision & solution to our customers. Key areas of this position include sales, customer service and landscape design.
The Landscape Designer if directly responsible for the customer experience throughout the landscape design process. From in-home visit, landscape design, plant selection and project closing. This position is directly responsible for:
· Accurate assessment of the scope of customer project.
· Meet at client site for analysis, photo documentation, measurements in order to develop all-inclusive plans.
· Creating and innovative design recommendations including applicable plant material recommendations.
· Produce digital and hand rendered diagrams, illustrations and graphics.
· Forward thinking design capability incorporating hard good and other Rockaway, Inc. product offerings.
· Presenting the completed proposal to the client, helping them visualize their new environment.
· Timely and exceptional customer follow-up.
· Track all information via our Landscape Management software- this includes generation proposals/quotes, entering and tracking costing information, tracking customer communications, photos, assign to-do’s for other divisions.
· Any other actions necessary to best service customers
· Three years’ experience designing and selling landscape designs
· Completed education in the field of Landscape Design or Architecture
· Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background
· Must be competent in Microsoft Office
· Proficiency in Landscape Pro or similar computer landscape design program
· Fully developed design skills in hardscapes and softscapes
· Must have extensive knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees of N.E. Florida
· Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is sales orientated with closing capabilities.
· Excellent attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment
· Must demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills
· Good time management skills; be available for seasonal long hours & weekends
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Installation knowledge/experience is a plus
· Must be well groomed and professional in appearance.
Compensation is based on experience and will be extremely
Please visit our website at www.rockawayinc.com to learn more about our company and the career opportunities we have available. We look forward to hearing from you!