Full-Time Shipping Supervisor
AG2, Inc. is a wholesale greenhouse located in Apopka , Fl which has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Shipping Supervisor position. This Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation surrounding the outgoing of plant material. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to follow precise instructions and work independently, as you will be assisting the production and sales departments. They will be counting on you to have a strong sense of ownership and integrity. You must be honest, loyal, trustworthy, and a dedicated professional. We are looking for someone that is able to bring a can-do attitude, a proactive nature to add value to our team and be appreciated for the skills they possess.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees prioritizing, processing and fulfilling orders to make sure everything shipped in perfect condition.
- Ensure the availability of stock on a weekly basis so as to reduce shortages.
- Coordinate the movement of shipments from plant bed to shipping location and/or work areas
- Waters plants before shipping or after arriving as necessary
- Stamps shipping boxes according to Company, State and Federal quality standards, ensuring plant material is in sale-worthy condition before shipping.
- Identify strategic was to improve and promote quality to management of the organization
- Inspect loading operations to ensure that they comply with shipping specifications
- Read Sales Orders and other documents to determine priorities and shipping methods that are needed to meet schedules
- Shipping Experience and Plant knowledge a plus
- Must have effective communication skills; bilingual (English / Spanish) a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining exceptional attention to detail and quality control
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry and /or lift items up to 60 pounds
- Flexible, able to work weekends
- Ability to work in inclement weather required
- Must have Reliable Transportation
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical / Prescription
- Paid Holidays
Company Policy and Procedure Compliance
- Follow AG3, Inc. company policy and procedure, Local State and Federal Laws concerning employment to include but not limited to: I‐9 information, EEOC, Civil Rights, FMLA and ADA.