Excelsa Gardens, Inc.
Excelsa Gardens is a 30 acre nursery specializes in high quality unique tropical plants from around the world. Recognized as one of Florida’s top tropical foliage and flowering plant nurseries, our plants are sold across the USA and internationally to wide range of customers.
Propagation Assistant Position
- Plan & facilitate best propagation methods for wide range of plants
- Key skills in taking cuttings, air layers, seed germination, & division
- Daily inspect plants to maximize survival
- Determine deficiencies, disease and other possible problems to prevent loss
- Monitor and provide optimum environment for all crops in propagation greenhouse
- Scout for insects and/or disease and communicate with Propagation Manager on solutions
- Work as a team to ensure success
- Utilize a weekly written pre-planned schedule to complete necessary tasks on time
- Must have effective communication skills; bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
- Knowledge & Experience in major propagation methods
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in warm conditions of greenhouse
- Must have reliable transportation
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience
- 401K plan
- Paid Holidays