Assistant Project Manager-Forestry and Environmental Restoration
We are a company based in Florida working in all the United States, looking for professionals who enjoy working outdoors and have a passion for restoring the natural environment. At EarthBalance, our Assistant Project Managers supervise the crew and participate in ecosystem restoration projects from the Florida Keys to Washington State.
- Train and manage crew and subcontractors involved in ecosystem restoration projects.
- Treatment and removal of non-native plants. Native flora planting.
- Prepare and submit data and progress reports regarding project execution, status, schedule, and costs.
- Assist with contracts and bid packages.
- Conduct quality control inspections.
- Run a minimum of 1 to 2 projects at various stages of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related field, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a related field; or a combination of education and experience.
- Travel to and from jobs, as well as overnight stays that may last five days or more.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Herbicide applicator license, or the ability to obtain said license within 60 days of hire.
EarthBalance is an employee-owned company that specializes in Environmental Restoration. We offer competitive pay and benefits including Employee Stock Ownership Plan (a company-sponsored pension), health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, and more.
Most of the duties of this job are performed outside. You will be using 4X4's, ATV's, swamp buggies, airboats, and other vehicles to move through uneven terrain, wetlands, beaches, mangroves, and other types of natural environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
EarthBalance is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the Company based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by law.