Nursery General Manager
The General Manager is responsible for running Phoenix Foliage, a member of the ForemostCo, Inc. family of companies. Phoenix Foliage’s main operation is located in Winter Garden, FL and has three satellite locations throughout Central Florida. The GM will direct and coordinate activities at all locations to increase production and maximize profits. The right person for the job will possess a passion for business, an interest in plants, and strong team leadership skills. This position reports directly to Ownership.Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare monthly financial and other management reports (including P&L Report), as well as assist ownership in preparing yearly budgets.
· Work with the Operations Manager to oversee the management of Phoenix Foliage, including the purchasing of equipment and supplies such as media, trays, plants, seed, fertilizer and chemicals.
· Monitor labor costs and ensure that tasks are completed efficiently.
· Administer the hiring, staffing, managing, and directing of production staff at the facilities.
· Analyze market conditions to determine production planning and space allocation.
· Work with Operations Manager to ensure all plant propagation and production are grown in accordance with Phoenix Foliage quality standards.
· Manage a diverse group of growers, planters, loaders, sprayers, and irrigators.
· Be involved in the decision-making and implementation of plant selections, production methods, and other steps necessary to increase profitability at Phoenix Foliage.
· Develop detailed short term and long-term production goals, including cost analysis and returns on investment estimates.
· Lead and enforce all safety guidelines and directives.
· Work with Operations Manager to maintain and improve upon growing and other protocols.
· Conduct regular reviews of grow times, bench revenue, and crop losses.
· Create production reports and analysis to help identify problems and improvement opportunities.
· Work with Senior Management to assure production plan matches market demand and goals.
· Serve as a subject matter expert for the ForemostCo, Inc. sales team and other company officials as needed.Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Five + years’ experience in management or related environment required.
· Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, required.
· Must be detail oriented with a passion for working with plants, people, and numbers.
· Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Aptitude for decision-making and problem solving.
· Strong time management skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow through.
· Ability to effectively present information to Senior Management and Board of Directors.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.Education
Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture with a concentration in Hort Business, Finance or Engineering.
MBA or Masters in Finance Preferred