Field Operations Manager-Environmental Restoration
We are looking for professionals who enjoy working outdoors and have a passion for restoring the natural environment. At EarthBalance® , the Field Operations Manager provides oversight of multiple environmental restoration/forestry crews, equipment mechanics, and the native plant nursery.
- Facilitate project logistics, optimize production, crew training, quality control, assist with scheduling and estimating projects, and facilities planning and maintenance.
- Communicate frequently with Project managers, Managers, and Leadership regarding the status of projects, identify issues, and present solutions.
- Oversee the execution of environmental restoration/forestry projects to ensure optimal efficiency in terms of crew configuration, proper equipment, and supplies. Ensure that Crews have the necessary safety equipment, field supplies, and/or plant material to efficiently execute work.
- Oversee the Operations Center, including mechanics/shop
and native nursery for operational efficiency and ensure consistency with the
scope of work, including quality control.
- Assist in crew scheduling and estimating the
budget/production rates for opportunities requiring a higher level of expertise.
- Enact contingency plans as needed; escalate and
direct activities during problems, disasters, etc.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, and
annual planning process as appropriate.
- Utilize internal processes and implement
procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management,
Environmental Sciences, or equivalent field; ten years’ experience in
operations or project management; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean
- Working knowledge of Project Management
Principles. PMP Certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of automobile and off-road
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus.
- Travel is primarily local during the day,
although some projects will require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
- Applicator license Category 21 and 5A, or the
ability to obtain said license within 60 days of hire, are a must.
EarthBalance® is an employee-owned company
that specializes in Environmental Restoration.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (a company-sponsored pension), health, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, and more.
Most of the duties of this job are performed outside.
You will be walking, using 4X4’s, ATV’s, swamp buggies, airboats, and other
modes of transport to move through uneven terrain, wetlands, beaches, mangroves,
and other types of natural environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
EarthBalance® is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. To give equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the
Company based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. The
Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the
basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic
testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by law.