AG2, Inc. is a wholesale greenhouse located in Apopka , Fl which has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Grower position. This Grower is responsible for the daily operation. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to follow precise instructions and work independently, as you will be assisting and the Head Grower and they will be counting on you to have a strong sense of ownership and integrity. You must be honest, loyal, trustworthy, and a dedicated professional. We are looking for someone that is able to bring a can-do attitude, a proactive nature to add value to our team and be appreciated for the skills they possess.
- Monitor and provide optimum environment for all crops.
- Survey for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls such as fertilizers or pesticides
- Communicate in a timely manner on all potential crop questions and issues.
- Assists the Head Grower to find solutions and take necessary actions to minimize potential challenges.
- Maintain greenhouse and make adjustments
- Work independently and perform work in accordance with Team, Facility, and Company goals.
- Develop and utilize a weekly written pre-plan schedule
- Monitor and inspect greenhouses, identify moisture requirements and recognize plant health problems
- Inspect plants to determine deficiencies, disease and other possible problems or issues
- Scout for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls
- All other duties as assigned
- Pesticide License required
- Must have effective communication skills; bilingual (English / Spanish) a plus
- Knowledge of greenhouse equipment and operations
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry/lift items up to 40 pounds
- Flexible, able to work weekends
- Ability to work in inclement weather required
- Must have Reliable Transportation
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical / Prescription
- Paid Holidays